This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. If you want to support my website and blogging efforts, you can do so at no additional cost to you. For more information, you can read my full disclosure page here.
It’s no secret that more moms are starting businesses. It’s also not a secret that many of us are balancing them while caring for our households and kid(s). So what can you get for the woman who is trying to balance it all, but most likely won’t ask for anything? I’ve got a few ideas in mind.
A White or Acrylic Board/Calendar
One of the best gifts my husband ever got me was a whiteboard. I know, I know, it seems so basic. But here’s the great thing about whiteboards — they are one of the best gifts for mompreneurs because they’re versatile. In a typical day, I write a lot on my whiteboard. If I need to write something down before I forget, I can write it down on my whiteboard. If I have a great idea about a digital product, but I’m not ready to work on it yet, I put it on the whiteboard.
At the end of each day, I then transfer what I’ve written on my whiteboard to either Evernote, Asana, or my planner so I can go ahead and schedule in some tasks. I believe that every mompreneur needs a whiteboard or an acrylic board/calendar so that she can easily schedule items and tasks, write down important information, and more. It’s such a simple gift idea, but you’d be surprised to see that her productivity will soar!
A Motivational Coffee Mug
This is one of the ultimate gifts for mompreneurs. Who doesn’t love a cute and motivational coffee mug? Whether the mompreneur in your life drinks coffee, tea, or even hot chocolate, she can do so in her handy little mug. Here are my favorites:
- This one that tells her she’s badass.
- This cute llama one.
- This cute puppy one.
- For the mama that always needs coffee.
(P.S. You know the mompreneur in your life best. Choose whatever mug will work for her and her humor and interests.)
A Planner or Workbook
While I love my Happy Planner, I do have a separate planner for my business. I even have a few workbooks that hold me accountable. A planner makes life so much easier, especially for the mompreneur who has a lot going on. There are so many different planner options out there. Don’t be afraid to ask her questions on what she likes and needs as far as a paper or online planner. Trust me, she most likely already has one in mind!
Anything Related to Self-Care
Moms do a lot. Moms who manage and run a business do a lot. So one of the best gifts for mompreneurs that you can get is a gift just for her. A spa-day kit can go a long way for her. And it doesn’t just have to revolve around the bath either! For some mompreneurs, self-care is reading their favorite book, turning in early, meditation, or even a combination of these things. Again, you know your mompreneur best. But don’t be afraid to ask her how she practices self-care. That way, you can fit your gift with how she unwinds.
A Coupon Book (Homemade)
My husband did this for me one year, and it was such an amazing gift! If you don’t have a lot of money to spend, or if you just don’t know what to get, make a homemade coupon book! Not only is it thoughtful, but it can be customized in so many different ways. Here are just a few things you can include in it:
- Uninterrupted Work Time: Offer a coupon for half a day of uninterrupted work time, no questions asked. As mompreneurs, it’s easy to feel guilty about asking for time to work, but it is essential. So, offer the coupon, so she can hand it to you whenever she truly needs it. (Bonus points if you offer her two of them!)
- House Cleaning Help: If the mompreneur in your life is trying to keep the household clean, create a coupon to help her out! You can get creative with these as well. Offer a coupon for a free bathroom cleaning, room cleaning, or nighttime kitchen cleaning. If you want to go all out, you can even offer a “deep cleaning” coupon.
- A Vent As Much As You Want Coupon: As a mompreneur, sometimes you just need to vent! But when so much is going on with day to day activities, and just life in general, sometimes we put our feelings on the back burner. Show your mompreneur that you are there to hear her out if she needs it.
A Tool to Help Her Grow Her Business
I’ve been able to utilize tools and software that have helped me grow my business to $5k+ a month, even when I didn’t have help! One of the best gifts for mompreneurs are gifts that help them grow their business without adding extra time or tasks to their day. This can lift a huge weight off her shoulders. I have a few resource ideas on my resources page, but feel free to ask if there’s a tool she’s had her eye on and wants to test out!
A Course or Program
I know so many mompreneurs (myself included) that have a list of courses and programs that they want to take or go through to help them grow their business. There are so many different options for courses and programs, but here are a few that I have used, recommend, and have heard good things about.
- $10K VA: This is the course for mompreneurs who want to learn how to be a virtual assistant. It also has ALL of the information that I wish I had when I became a VA back in 2016. This course literally pays for itself in just one month after booking your first client. Plus, I personally endorse it, because I’ve worked with Kayla for YEARS, and she’s well known in the VA community (#legend).
- Bookkeeping For Bloggers: Every single mompreneur needs to know about bookkeeping. Not only can it keep them out of trouble with the IRS, but it also allows them to understand the ins and outs of finances in business.
- Facebook Side Hustle Course: While I wouldn’t recommend this course just for the “side hustle” aspect, I would say it’s great for the mompreneur looking to get started in running Facebook ads. Plus, learning that skill can be essential, for any business, and to add to a work-with-me page as a new service in the future!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing: If the mompreneur in your life is looking to make a living with her blog or website, affiliate marketing is a great skill to learn. This course has been recommended by hundreds (if not thousands) of people, and it’s a great stepping stone in learning how to make money via blogging.
- The OBM Certification: This is for the VA that’s ready to take their business a step further and become an Online Business Manager. It’s a great way to start earning more, spend less time on the day to day tasks, and even become an expert in the field of project management.
- Udemy and Skillshare: If you’re looking to offer multiple courses as a gift, Udemy and Skillshare have those options! For Skillshare, you can purchase a subscription plan, and your mompreneur can take courses that interest her at her convenience. Or, you can have her pick a few course ideas from Udemy, and you can purchase them and gift them to her. Both of these websites offer courses for huge discounts, so she can take multiple courses at one time!
Some Meal Help
Now, this can be a gift in so many different ways, but I wanted to mention it. For me personally, I’m lucky enough to have a husband that knows how to cook. But some mompreneurs don’t have a spouse or significant other that knows how to cook. And some are single and are looked at as the sole provider for not only money but meals as well. So here are some of my favorite meal help gift ideas:
- Cook for her (if you can): Now, if you don’t know how to cook, stay out of the kitchen. You will stress out the mompreneur in your life if you waste groceries and almost set the house on fire. However, if you CAN cook, I promise you that she’ll love you forever if you make a few meals for her. Then, she can take that precious time and do something else instead.
- Gift her with a meal plan subscription: If you can’t cook, you can still make meal-making easier for her! Meal planning has been essential in helping me cut costs on groceries, save time in the kitchen, and know exactly what I’m going to cook on any given day. A few meal planning services I recommend are Well Vegan, PlateJoy, and the $5 Dollar Meal Plan.
- Give her the gift of grocery delivery: If the mompreneur in your life wants a little more flexibility in what she buys and preps, give her the gift of grocery delivery. That way, all she has to do is click a few buttons to buy her groceries, and they’ll be delivered to her doorstep! While options will vary based on your location, a few services that I love are Postmates, Instacart, and Shipt.
- Send her meals: If you want to go all out, send your mompreneur some full-on meals that she can make in less than an hour! Meal delivery services are a bit more expensive, but I’ve used a few and they’ve been lifesavers during those busy seasons in my life. A few of my favorites are Home Chef, Plated, Blue Apron, and Purple Carrot. Don’t forget to make sure you know her preferences, if anyone in the family has allergies, and if she’ll want leftovers or not!
My Gift Ideas
I haven’t run out of ideas yet! While this section is mostly for my husband and family (I know you guys are reading!), here are some other great gifts for mompreneurs that you can grab.
As much as I’d love to have a 100% clean home at all times, that just doesn’t always happen. But having a robot to clean my floors would be super helpful. I have a child and animals that are constantly messing the floors up! An iRobot (or even the “knock-off” option) is high on my list of things I want.
My Favorite Coffee
My FAVORITE coffee is the Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee. I ask for it every year, and will even buy myself a few bags so I can enjoy it all year long.
Side note: If you are going to buy multiple bags of coffee, don’t grind them until they are ready to be used. Pre-ground coffee goes stale faster. Just a friendly tip from a former barista!
A Lap Desk
I love working at my desk, but sometimes I don’t feel well or don’t feel like getting out of bed. That’s where a handy-dandy lap desk would be useful. I have my eye on this one. But I’ve also seen lap desks like this one, and I think those are pretty cool too! Plus, it will keep my laptop from burning my legs when it starts running a little hot.
A Portable Juicer
I really don’t want a big and clunky juicer, but I also want to enjoy the benefits of juicing. I know, don’t judge me. But I found this cute little portable juicer kit (with juice powders included) and it looks exactly like what I wanted! Some of the juice blends may be more potent (ahem, I’m looking at you wheatgrass), but I’d love to try them all. I want to see if it can help boost my energy, give my body more wholesome nutrients, and make it easier for me to get more fruits and veggies into my diet.
An Instant Pot
Every mompreneur that I know has an Instant Pot, except for me! I love my slow cooker, But sometimes I want a meal in 30-minutes or less. Plus, the one I have my eye on has a yogurt and rice maker option. This would really come in handy for my family. We love rice, and we love yogurt. But both take more time in the slow cooker and on the stove. If I had an Instant Pot, they wouldn’t take as much time on my part! Sounds like a win for me and the fam.
So there you have it, some of the best gifts for mompreneurs that you can purchase for Christmas! You can also keep this list all year round. These are great gifts no matter what the occasion! If you are a mompreneur looking for gift ideas to get yourself or to recommend that someone gets for you, I hope you found these ideas helpful. Plus, I’m always looking to expand this list. So send me an email if you have any more ideas!